RISC, a Perth based international energy consultancy is currently, looking for one or more engineers/analysts to assist our clients in valuing and delivering strategic insight to their gas, oil & energy assets. An interest in and knowledge of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues relating to energy transition will be highly regarded.
RISC carried out over 100 assignments every year, many of which are in support of transactions in the energy industry. In the last 5 years RISC has advised on over $20 Billion of successful transactions, and many more that did not complete. Our analysis and insight enables our clients to make their decisions with confidence.
- Gathering and quality checking the relevant field development data and information to support asset valuations. This may require attendance in data rooms or client offices in Australia or international locations.
- Audit and if necessary adjust existing engineering analysis, models and estimates to ensure they comply with generally accepted good practice.
- Provide independent opinion on development concepts, budgets and schedules with associated ranges of uncertainty.
- Construction and operation of independent analytical or numerical reservoir models
- Critique of field development plans and provision of alternative solutions if/as appropriate
- Prepare production forecasts, production optimisation strategies, reserves and resource estimates
- Understanding of cost estimation practices.
- Prepare production and cost forecasts for input to economic models.
- Prepare conceptual development plans for evaluation of exploration prospect or discovered fields.
- Gas and LNG market analysis.
- Preparing and auditing economic models.
- Knowledge in some of the following areas would also be valued:
- Renewable energy including hydrogen
- Energy transition
- Gas and energy markets
- LNG Projects and Process,
- Drilling and completion practices,
- Economic modelling
Background and experience:
- A relevant university degree, with a sound understanding of technical concepts in energy project development and operations
- The position offered will be dependent upon the candidates experience. We are looking for both experienced individuals (10-15 years) and people looking to gain experience. At least 2 years post graduate work experience with direct relevance is required.
- The ability to think analytically and integrate data from numerous sources, of varying quality.
- The ability to develop knowledge and self-teach skills though the assignments, requesting support when required.
- Able to generate high level insights for the purposes of performance improvement.
- Experience in consulting, analytics or performance improvement would be beneficial.
The ideal candidate would be a high calibre engineer with strong insight, analytical skill and can-do attitude. They will have the opportunity to work with experienced professionals on a large number and wide range of energy projects.
Initial engagement would be on a short term contract (~6 months) with a view to a more permanent arrangement following this.
Please send your up to date resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. RISC will not accept applications from agencies.
Back to previous page